316 / 316L Stainless Steel Pipe
TW Metals, a trusted metals pipe supplier, offers a range of 316/316L stainless steel pipes, with an inventory tailored to meet industry requirements. These grades of austenitic stainless steel offer many of the same characteristics and advantages as 304/304L, but they have an added element that elevates their corrosion resistance: molybdenum. At TW Metals, we prioritize the quality and reliability of our products, with most of our inventory being dual-grade specified or with multiple specifications, including ASTM, ASME, MIL-P, and the European standard PED 97/23EC.
Common Industry Applications for 316/316L Stainless Steel Pipe
316/316L stainless steel pipe can withstand elevated temperatures longer than grade 304/304L, has better corrosion resistance, and offers excellent weldability. It has many applications:
- Chemical: chemical containers, pressure vessels, and industrial equipment
- Water treatment: woven or welded screens for water filtration
- Pulp and paper: used in paper machines to avoid iron contamination.
- Automotive: threaded fasteners, springs, and furnace parts
- Medical: medical equipment and orthopedic implants
- Dental: dental implants, orthodontic appliances, and various dental instruments
- Semiconductor: semiconductor manufacturing equipment and cleanroom environments
- Food processing: food preparation surfaces, equipment, and appliances
- Aerospace: aircraft structures, fasteners, turbine blades, and exhaust systems
Contact TW Metals for a Quote on Stainless Steel Pipe
Choose TW Metals as your preferred supplier for 316 and 316L stainless steel pipe and a wide range of other specialty metals. Reach out for a quote today.
Stock Size Range and Specifications:
NPS: 1/8” through 24”
NPS: 1/8” through 8”
Schedules: 5, 10S, 10, 30, 40S, 40, 80, 80S
Schedules: 10, 40, 80, 160, XXH
|Specifications: ASTM A312, ASME SA312||Specifications: ASTM A312,ASME SA312|
Corrosion tested to MIL-P-24691/3 or A262 Practice E